There are hundreds of recurve bows available today; you might be overwhelmed with all the choices. We’ve narrowed down the best recurve bows for small game hunting down to 5 high-quality bows.
We go over what makes these bows good for small game hunting as well as what you can expect with each one.
Yes, the best bows for small games might vary from one person to another, based on preferences and hunting needs. Nevertheless, some bows are better than others. The quality of your bow can make a huge difference when aiming at smaller targets.
If you’re looking to purchase your first recurve bow or replace an old one, here are the best recurve bows for small game.
Best Recurve Bows For Small Game
1. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
The Samick Sage Recurve Bow is one of the most popular and beginners recurve bows. It is designed to serve as an all-around option and affordable choice for novice, intermediate archers, or a bow to experiment and rely on while honing your hunting skills.
The bow’s draw is smooth, has a nice arrow speed, and creates perfect accuracy. Generally, it’s a great bow for targeting archery or when hunting game of any size.
This bow offers a wide variety of draw weight and comes in both left-hand and right-hand orientation.
- The Sage comes with a strong Maple wood construction for its riser. The limbs utilize a wood core coated with fibreglass on the exterior and belly. This offers significant agility that makes the product last longer.
- It comes with a 62″ entire length for about 28″ maximum draw.
- The bow comes with interchangeable limbs that make it versatile. In other words, the limbs can be assembled from the box and changed without special tools to change the draw weight.
- The Samick Sage is easy to use and has a well-crafted limb bolt to change limbs quickly.
- The product has a pre-installed brass bushing needed for diverse upgrades and attachments.
- It has an ergonomically crafted grip using a shelf of a crowned arrow.
- Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow also features a 14 strands dacron string.
- It has a wide variety of draw weights.
- The product can be used for both right and left-handed archers
- It comes with a tool-free takedown bow and upgradeable limbs.
- The Sage is heavier than other related bows.
- Arrows and accessories need to be bought seperaty.
For a full review of this bow, check out my article Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow Review.
2. D&Q Bow and Arrow for Adults Takedown Recurve Bows
This D&Q Bow and Arrow Set for Adults is a powerful recurve bow for adults. The bow isn’t heavy, but it has a solid and sturdy build. The build tolerances are tight; thus, it can be comfortable to hold even at a full draw. It comes with pre-installed brass bushings for several upgrading options.
- It’s sturdy and durable; the bow is designed with strong, durable aluminum for hard maple limbs and an alloy riser fixed with a sturdy screw.
- It also for both advanced and beginner hunters. Its draw weight choices include 50lbs, 45lbs, 40lbs, 35lbs, and 30lbs.
- Upgrades are available. It has pre-installed brass bushings for the stabilizer and quizzer and brass plunger.
- The bow comes with a great lightweight aluminum alloy riser ergonomically crafted with a fine handle and rounded edges.
- The bow is easy to set up and use.
- Its alloy riser is designed with a fine handle and rounded edge that’s comfortable to carry.
- Bow is known for accuracy over long distances.
- Only right-handed archers can use this bow.
- It has no instruction manual.
3. Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrows for Adults
This is another takedown recurve bow package that’s ready to shoot right out of the box. The Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow‘s handle is designed by the aluminum-magnesium alloy and high strength light materials.
Its ergonomic riser is great for long hunting trips. In addition, it has strong bow limbs that are designed with glass fiber sheets and pieces of maple with a great lamination process.
- This bow is durable and offers superb performance. The bow limbs, which are high elasticity, are joined with professional glue EA40 that ensures it’s not easily cracked or chip during target practise or hunting.
- The chordal grove and the bow tip are polished with traditional artisans to ensure the stability and precision of every product.
- This bow is available for right-handed archers only. You hold the bow in your left hand, pull the string with your right hand and use your right eye to aim.
- Its bow and arrow kit has 1pcs Finger Guard, 1pcs Bow Stringer Tool, 1pcs Recurve bow, 1pcs Target Paper, 1pcs Allen Key Combo, and a host of other vital materials.
- Comfortable bow riser.
- Durable design great for hunting.
- This kit provides everything you need.
- Available for right handed archers only
- The instruction manual is uncesessarily complicated
4. KESHES Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow
KESHES Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow is a 62 archery bow for adults and teens with 15-60lbs of draw weight. Unlike most recurve bows, it comes in both left and right-hand orientation.
The interchangeable limbs make this bow extremly versatile. This is a great recurve bow for hunting small or large game.
- The bow combined Keshes’ famous risers with diverse sourced wood to create a lightweight bow that could withstand low and high draw weight.
- Beautifully designed maplewood riser
- It’s built for both beginner and advanced hunters. With its draw weight options from 15 lbs to 55 lbs, the bow is considered one of the best hunting bows available today
- It has a Takedown design; the limb set replacements can be bought separately to reduce or increase the draw weight.
- KESHES Takedown hunting recurve bow has pre-installed threaded brass bushings for several upgrades like the sight, brass plunger, quiver, stabilizer, and even a bow fishing reel.
- The bow comes with the option of left or right-hand orientation.
- It is easy to use and set up; it has simple manual instructions
- It is available for left and right hand orientation
- It has an ergonomically crafted grip riser and arrow rest.
- Great for beginners and advanced hunters.
- Needs a silencer, bow is a bit loud for hunting.
- Not a full kit
5. TOPARCHERY Archery 60″ Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow
TOPARCHERY Archery 60″ Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow is a solid recurve bow for small game.
The bow’s riser is innovated with several naturally sourced wood and laminated for an extra layer of protection.
The Archery Takedown recurve bow specifications includes; string length: 57″, total length: 60″, brace height: 7-8″, and draw weight (lbs.): 30-50lbs. Meanwhile, the bow limbs are laminated with high technology maple and fibreglass.
- The bow has great speed, a perfect shot, and an easy draw. The fly of the arrow is smooth and fast.
- The bowstring is designed by a natural tire line that’s durable and delicate with rounded edges.
- The bow has a fine finished wooden handle suitable for starters and experienced archers.
- It’s available for a right-handed archers only.
- This recurve bow set has 6 pcs fibreglass arrows, 1 pc Takedown recurve bow, 1 pc string silencer, 1 pc Arrow Case, and other essential materials.
- It’s great for outdoor hunting or target practice.
- The bow’s design makes it ideal for hunting.
- It has a finely finished wooden handle suitable for starters and experienced archers.
- It’s only available for right-handed archers.
Final Look at the Best Recurve Bows for Small Game
Since there are hundreds of recurve bows that could be used for small game, we’ve been able to narrow it down to the best 5 available today.
You’ll need to consider factors like draw weight, bow size, style, and colour when choosing the right one for you.
If you’re looking to hunt larger game, here are some great recurve bows for hunting large game. You’ll notice a lot of the bows are the same. That’s because the limbs are interchangable. You can simply changes the limbs to increase the draw weight and move on to larger game like deer or elk.