A recurve bow is a bow that is curved away from the archer when it is unstrung. Due to its design and dynamics, a recurve bow has more energy to deliver than compared to a straight bow.
Some recurve bows are specifically designed for left-handed archers. The way the riser is shaped decides whether the bow is made for a right-handed or left-handed archer.
Unfortunately, there are not many left-handed recurve bows out there. Most recurve bows are made for right-handed archers only. The good news is, even though you don’t have many options, there are some great bows that are available in left-hand orientation.
Best Left-Handed Recurve Bow
Here, we’ll take a look at some of the best left-handed recurve bows that are available in the market.
1. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
The Samick Recurve Bow is a bow that is ideal for left-handed archers as it is ergonomically designed, giving the user a feel of lightweight maneuverability and compactness. The bow is made with imported maple wood, which provides substantial durability and excellent build quality. The pre-installed threaded brass bushings give the archer room to upgrade the bow with brass plungers, stabilizers, quivers, and sights.
This bow is designed to give outstanding performance with an affordable price tag which comes at $139.99. It is an excellent choice for beginners and intermediate archers who want to learn and experiment with their strong points and refine their archery skills.
This recurve bow is made with highly durable maple limbs that have fiberglass lamination on all the sides, giving the bow a great sense of versatility and the help of interchangeable limbs. It is very user-friendly and easy to handle by any novice archers. The bow can also accommodate multiple bow weights and limb weights due to the sturdy riser construction. The bow is also ergonomically designed with a sturdy grip, and crowned arrow shelf with fourteen strands of Dacron recurve strings attached to the bow. The pre-installed brass bushings also give room for multiple attachments and various upgrades to help you hone your archery skills overtime.
The Samick Bow is made to last due to its hard maple wood body with finely tuned dynamics. The limbs are made up of a wooden core that is fully coated with fiberglass on both the belly and exterior, which provides incredible durability and strength in the center. One can also assemble the recurve bow straight out of the box, and the limbs are interchangeable with no extra toolset needed. The limb bolt gives the archer quick and easy access while changing the limbs and also removing the hassle during the changing process. The four accessory holes also provide room to place a stabilizer, a bow fishing reel, a cushion plunger, a bow rest, and a bow sight to provide you with excellent customization options for your bow.
- The maple wood finish gives the bow a sturdy and durable touch
- Interchangeable limbs give you the ease to place and remove the limbs with ease
- Four accessory holes give you a wide range of options to customize the recurve bow
- The bow is easy to assemble and dismantle
- Great for an entry-level recurve bow
- Caters to both left and right-handed archers
- The riser can sometimes break down
- The limbs can be challenging to align
- Not suitable for professional archers
- Draw weight may not fit perfectly with the recurve bow
2. SinoArt 58″ Takedown Recurve Bow
The SinoArt Takedown Recurve Bow is a rare bow that is great for left-handed archers as it caters to the different hand orientation types. So this means the left-handed bows should be held in the right hand and pulled with the left hand. The limbs are made with bamboo and laminated with black fiberglass, which provides strength and extreme durability to the recurve bow. The lamination process is made possible by German laminate technology, which offers the best tools and lamination materials for a compact and well-finished bow.
The bow is ergonomically designed with well-shaped rounded egged and finely crafted wooden handles. This gives the bow a great feel and provides comfort while you’re gripping and aiming down the bow’s sights. Also, with the takedown feature, the user will be able to change the limb to either increase the weight of the bow or decrease the weight to give one a wide range of weight options while practicing. This recurve bow is not only ideal for archery and competitive shooting but is also great for hunting. The SinoArt Takedown Recurve Bow comes in different sizes ranging from 30lbs up to 60lbs. So it can cater to the type of weight class you want to engage in while shooting the arrows.
The package comes with one wood riser, two limbs, sixteen strands of string, one stringer, one fur rest pad, two string nocks, and one pair of otter string silencers. This bow is also easy to assemble and dismantle. There are very few hassles involved, and the part where you get to fit the full structure of the bow involves very little thinking since the process is straightforward.
Hunting with the SinoArt Takedown Recurve Bow is also fascinating to hunt with a different type of bow. Since recurve bows are more swift and agile, hunting is more manageable and quieter than a normal bow. With an inexpensive price tag, this recurve bow will most definitely be an excellent bow for entry-level archers and hunters who would want to refine their aiming and shooting skills and archers who want to get into competitive archery.
- Great for hunting
- This recurve bow is great for an entry-level bow due to its inexpensive price tag
- The bamboo finish gives the bow a unique look and feature and also adds to the agility and durability
- This recurve bow is swift, smooth, and quiet
- Assembling the bow right out of the box is very easy and simple to do
- The handles feel great, and the power of the shot is remarkable
- The laminated finish gives the bow compactness and maneuverability
- The bow can get a bit loud over time if you do not maintain the strings
- The string feels a bit cheaper compared to other recurve bowstrings
- No screw holes for a quiver or stabilizer
- You may feel the significance of the weight if you buy the large-sized bows
3. Keshes Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow
Keshes Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow is a recurve bow made specifically for hunting but can also be used in competitive archery. The quality is well developed and finished with different sourced wood, making the bow lightweight. This recurve bow can also withstand low and high lineage. The bow fits well into the hands and can well be secured while you’re holding it. The Keshes Takedown bow is an ideal bow for target shooting and hunting, which people of all age groups can enjoy.
The drawback weight options range from 15lbs to 55lbs. So, even the youth can get a hold of one of these recurve bows and handle them with no difficulties. The takedown feature helps you purchase various limb sets for you to customize your bow and also replace sets for you to increase and decrease the weight to your liking. The recurve bow comes pre-installed with a threaded brass bushing which gives you the ability to upgrade your bow with additional features like a brass plunger, stabilizer, bow sight, fishing reel, and quivers.
The Keshes Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow is user-friendly which comes with fourteen strands of Dacron. The bow is made with highly durable maple wood, and it’s laminated with fiberglass lamination on both sides. The interchangeable limbs also add to the versatility of the recurve bow. The sleek design of the limb bolts also makes it easier for you to change them with no trouble. What makes this recurve bow even more special is the ergonomically designed grip riser, which gives you a snug grip while you’re aiming down the sights before you shoot your arrow. The Keshes Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow also comes with a target sheet for your to practice and hone your shooting skills. The eyesight also makes the archer aim at the targets easily.
With a clear set of instructions that comes along with the set, one can assemble the bow by reading the step-by-step instructions that are very easy to follow, which anyone can assemble the recurve bow in no time. The recommended bow for beginners is 15lbs, in which you can upgrade the limbs as you get more used to shooting overtime. These special limbs give you the possibility of fast and effortless changing limbs while removing the hassle of the process. The extra attachments can hold arrow sets, plunger, shelf pad, quivers, sights, stabilizer, string silencer, and fishing reels. You can choose to fit these attachments based on your preference.
- Great for hunting and also for target practice
- The maple wood finish adds to the beauty and versatility of the bow
- This recurve bow is very easy to assemble as it comes with instructions
- You can easily change the draw weight
- Great entry-level pricing for beginners and novices
- Durable limbs
- The bow as an average sight
- The lower arms can be better built
- The wood riser finish is subpar
4. Oeeline Airobow Takedown Archery Recurve Bow
The Oeeline Airobow Takedown Archery Recurve Bow is a recurve bow that is designed and made specifically for archery. This is a handmade wooden bow, so the bow’s feel and build quality are very satisfying and great to hold and handle. This bow is ideal for novices and beginners, where people of all age groups can easily operate it with no hassle. The ergonomically designed bow is made with hard maple wood and is laminated with glass fiber sheets, giving the bow a sleek look. Between the bow, the structure is fitted with sturdy screws and rounded edges. The fine finish wooden handle will also give the user a sturdy feel and also protect the hands from injury.
The Oeeline Airobow Takedown Archery Recurve Bow comes with one bow riser, two bow limbs, one bow stringer, four-string nocks, one arm guard, one finger guard, and one bowstring.
This recurve bow caters to left-handers, which makes it easier to assemble and shoot. The interchangeable limbs also make it easier for the youth to adapt to shooting arrows through this recurve bow.
- Great for beginners and novices
- Ideal recurve bow for archery
- This recurve bow is an ideal entry-level bow due to its price tag
- The maple wood finish gives the bow a distinct feature and also adds to the look
- Assembling the bow is very simple and can be finished within minutes
- The recurve bow attachments are agile and light
- The wooden handles feel comfortable on the hands
- The laminated finish gives the bow a glossy look and also makes it lightweight
- The aim of the bow can sometimes be inaccurate
- The string feels average
- The sound of the bow while shooting can get loud sometimes
- Does not have holes for stabilizer
- The weight may not be satisfactory for some archers