If you are a seasoned archer, you will no doubt have heard about the legendary Bear Archery Grizzly Recurve Bow. The Bear Grizzly dates all the way back to 1950, and its design is so good that it hasn’t needed an update since 1964.
The Grizzly is beautiful, a real work of art, a piece of history, and beloved by thousands of archers worldwide. After reviewing this great bow, we’ll summarize a few of the many online reviews from satisfied archers.
About The Bear Archery Grizzly Recurve Bow
The Bear Grizzly is designed for big performance and comes with the following features.
- The riser – The Grizzly has one of the finest custom-crafted risers ever made. The riser is fashioned from one piece of hard-rock maple. Because the color of the wood varies, the color of the bow varies from a dark red to a lighter shade.
- The limbs – The limbs are finely crafted from the same hardwood as the riser. They are overlaid with clear maple and backed and faced with high-strength black fiberglass. The limbs are crafted to never twist on you.
- The arrow shelf – The riser has a really well-balanced and positioned arrow shelf covered with natural bear hair and featuring a leather side plate.
- The handle – Hardened with a special Bear process called FutureWood which is described below.
- The string – The Flemish string is made of high-quality Dacron.
- Length – 58″ (the perfect length for both hunting, target shooting, and competitive archery).
- Weight – Light enough (a little over 3 lbs.) to keep your arms and back from aching after an afternoon’s session at the range.
- Noise – No noticeable vibrations or noise when drawing the string and shooting.
- Accessories – Comes with quality accessories that fit well and enhance the overall aesthetics of the bow. The bow is ready for shooting right out of the box.
- Assembly – Comes fully assembled. A drawback is that the bow can’t be taken apart for transport or storage.
Notable features of the Bear Grizzly 58″ Recurve Hunting Bow include:
- Fiberglass capped grips
- Rock-hard maple single piece riser
- Draw weights ranging from 30# up to 60#
- 58″ total length
- Available in both right and left-handed orientation
Fred Bear, the founder of Bear Archery, introduced a manufacturing process that gives enhanced physical properties to the wood in the handle section of a Grizzly.
A pressurized vacuum process fills all the natural pores in the wood, making it heavier and much stronger. After baking, the handle is no longer just natural wood, but Futurewood.
Futurewood means that the handle will never warp or crack. At the same time, all the grain and original beauty of the natural hardwood are still there to delight the owner.
Your Bear Grizzly Comes with Birthmarks
Futurewood mimics natural wood by not having uniform shading throughout. Light areas appear during the filling in of the pores where the pores are closest together and filter out a little of the injected material.
These light areas are called birthmarks and ensure that your Grizzly will have unique markings.
Can I take the Grizzly Hunting?
This bow is not called the “Grizzly” for nothing. Its lack of vibrations and noise makes it quite easy to sneak up on your prey and easily take down bear and elk. The Grizzly’s built-in precision and reliability mean you will rarely miss a shot.
However, there is one thing to pay attention to – you want a Grizzly with a draw minimum of at least 40 lbs. so that your arrow will have enough energy to pierce your target. The Grizzly is durable and weather-resistant so you can take it out to the woods in rain or snow.
Can I Use a Grizzly as a Beginner?
Inexperienced archers say that the bow has improved their shooting abilities. Users notice a big improvement in arrow grouping (how close together the arrows are after being shot) and accuracy.
What Others Say
In analyzing customer reviews posted online, we found that comments are nearly always favorable.
The Grizzly has plenty of five-star ratings with only an occasional four. Most customers rave about their purchase and feel that the Grizzly is the best bow out there.
They comment on the bow’s superb accuracy and excellent arrow speed. People know that they could have bought a cheaper bow, but regard the Grizzly as being well worth the money. The most common complaints weren’t about this wonderful bow; rather they related to shipping and delivery issues.
Bear Archery‘s Grizzly is a sure shooter for any skill level. It’s not the cheapest bow on the market, but it’s incapable of disappointing you. After all, the Grizzly has stood the test of time. You’ll find it displayed on the walls of archers who have won archery competitions way back in the 1970s.
Today, it falls within the entry-level to high-quality Bear traditional bow range. The handsome design of this bow is just phenomenal, and you simply won’t be able to keep your eyes off it! Check Latest Prices